Long Beach is a marvelously diverse city bursting with culture and life, representing a myriad of the world’s nations. Long Beach resides on the southern border of Los Angeles County, just 22 miles south of downtown Los Angeles and with the southern end of Long Beach bordering Orange County. Along with the rest of coastal southern California, Long Beach offers a pleasurable Mediterranean climate with mild winters and summers.
Long Beach real estate is as varied as its residents, with everything ranging from the palatial estates in Bixby Knolls, sprawling luxury homes on Naples Island, Belmont Shore, Belmont Heights, and the Long Beach oceanfront, to luxury condos and artists lofts for more urban living in the downtown area. As well as more modestly priced homes and condos, there is something to accommodate almost any lifestyle in Long Beach.
- The prominent Bixby family, which dates back to the 1850’s in California history and eventually developed into the Bixby Land Company, were among the first developers of Long Beach commercial development, including the first Sears store to accommodate automobiles in the Long Beach area in 1928. Prime Long Beach real estate can be found in the Bixby Knolls neighborhood.
- Prior to the building of the breakwater in the early-to-mid 1900’s, Long Beach residents and visitors enjoyed world-renowned surfing.
- The Port of Long Beach is the second busiest container port in the United States and one of the world’s largest shipping ports.
- The home from the famous movie Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, is found in Long Beach.
POINTS OF INTERESTS:
- RMS Queen Mary
- Long Beach Cruise Terminal/Catalina Cruises
- Aquarium of the Pacific
- Long Beach Convention Center
- Museum of Latin American Art
- Long Beach Museum of Art
- CSULB and CSULB and Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden
- Long Beach Performing Art Center
- The Pike/Shoreline Village
- East Village Arts District
- Belmont Shore
- Holiday Boat Parade
Included below are homes for sale in Long Beach. If you would like more information on any of these Long Beach real estate listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Long Beach listings come on the market.