Rossmoor is an affluent, unincorporated community adjacent to Los Alamitos, which is easily identified by its red brick “signature wall,” which surrounds Rossmoor. Rossmoor offers a pleasurable Mediterranean climate with mild winters and summers.
Rossmoor is a highly desirable place to live with large, well-manicured properties displayed on streets lined with mature trees. This area is known for its safe, clean neighborhoods and small community feel. Rossmoor falls within the highly sought-after Los Alamitos Unified School District (LAUSD) and shares the same exemplary fire authority, library system and other public services. Some of the best dining around can be found at The Original Fish Co., which has been family-owned and run since 1981. Just on the other side of Rossmoor’s red brick wall, located in Seal Beach, you can find Spaghettini Grill and Jazz Lounge and Kobe Steakhouse & Lounge. If you are interested in a luxurious suburban neighborhood, this is a must-see area for you.
● Ross Cortese, who built the unincorporated community of Rossmoor and the retirement community of Leisure World in Seal Beach, was a pioneer in many ways, including how homes were marketed: He took out full-page newspaper ads, targeted upscale buyers and opened fully furnished model homes.
● On July 16, 1957, pilot John Glenn – later the first American to orbit the Earth – flew an F8U-1 Crusader from Los Alamitos to New York in three hours, 23 minutes, and 8.4 seconds, setting a new transcontinental speed record.
POINTS OF INTERESTS
- The Shops at Rossmoor
- Old Ranch Parkway Country Club
- Los Alamitos Race Course
- Joint Forces Training Base
- International Water Polo National Aquatic Center
- Los Alamitos Museum Association
- St. Isadore Historical Plaza
- Local beaches
- Award-Winning Los Alamitos Unified School District
Included below are homes for sale in Rossmoor. If you would like more information on any of these Rossmoor real estate listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
And, if you haven't already, be sure to register for a free account so that you can receive email alerts whenever new Rossmoor listings come on the market.